Bishop's Stortford & District Angling Society
|Rules, Regulations & BYE-LAWS||
1. The present bye-laws of the National Rivers Authority shall be observed at all times.
2. Members must not, whilst on Society controlled waters, do any of the following :-
3. Banned baits on all Society controlled waters are as follows: Tiger nuts, peanuts, pet foods etc. Chrysodine and other carcinogenic-substance dyed maggots (safe coloured dyes may be used), bloodworm and joker. The use of gorge baits is strictly prohibited on all waters. No pre baiting, spodding or bait boats. Only two kilos of bait or 500 gm of boilies per person per 24 hour period may be used. All unused bait must be removed from the fishery and not thrown into the water.
4. No fish to be taken away from any fishery, killed or transferred from one fishery to another, other than for fishery management as agreed by the committee.
5. Members are allowed a maximum of one non-fishing guests on any of the Society's waters.
6. Only one rod, line and hook to be used at any time on all Society's waters with the following exceptions;
- Malcolm Barker Lake provided rule 7 is not contravened.
7. Two rods may be used on all society waters by senior members only so long as the rods are no more than 1 metre apart when in use. Excluding 6am-9pm from 1st June to 31st August on the Malcolm Barker Lake and at any time on the Hall Farm Complex.
8. All Members fishing Society waters and other venues must be in possession of a valid Environment Agency Licence.
9. All Members must be in possession of their club card/cards when fishing Society waters. Senior Members have the right to ask any angler to produce their Membership Cards. Anglers who cannot produce their Membership Cards may be asked to leave the fishery.
10. Night fishing is for senior members only. Juniors are not allowed on any fishery between sunset and sunrise.
11. The taking to or consumption of alcohol or illegal substances on the Society controlled waters will attract an immediate ban and loss of membership.
12. No dogs are allowed at the Malcolm Barker Lake, Hall Farm or Beggars Hall Fishery.
13. Failure to observe any of the bye-laws of The Society will result in an immediate suspension until the next Committee Meeting. The Committee will then decide if there is any mitigating circumstance and take the appropriate action.
14. Any angler fishing club waters who is intentionally in pursuit of Carp, Tench or Pike, should be in possession of a purpose made padded unhooking mat with a minimum size of 2x3 feet, and a suitable sized landing net
15. Fishing in the lily pads is strictly prohibited.
16. Pike may only be fished for from October 1st to March 14th. on all society waters.
17. Guest tickets will cover all society waters excluding the River Stort. Tickets can be obtained from the secretary D Tadgell call 01279 654154. All tickets must be purchased in advance.